Energy is the foundation of our lives – and we at EEW take responsibility for it. For our planet, the environment and coming generations – let’s talk about tomorrow.
In our journey to more climate and resource protection, waste management is an important factor. Since 1990, waste management has already saved more than 100 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions EU-wide. In addition, we replace fossil fuels such as coal, and recover valuable resources like metals from grate ash.
As Germany’s leading enterprise in the field of thermal waste utilization, EEW bears a special responsibility. This is why we have firmly embedded sustainability in our organisation. We use sustainable and cutting edge processes to achieve positive effects for our environment, society and the company.
We face up to the challenges and constantly changing conditions like the economic and ecological transformation, the energy and heat transition and the limited availability of resources. We aspire to make a positive contribution to the environment, society and our company with everything we do each day.
In our third sustainability report, we transparently present our performance as well as the progress we have made in our three areas of activity “Strengthening Relationships”, “Accepting Challenges” and “Showing Performance”. We are convinced that direct discourse with all of our stakeholders is the way to develop the best ideas and work out solutions. This is why we invite you to talk about tomorrow: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sustainability is a community endeavour, which will only succeed when we enter into a discourse, pool our targeted efforts and move forward together. To achieve this, we continuously seek an open dialogue with our employees, customers, suppliers, partners, the authorities, the economy, policy makers and science. We have set concrete goals against which we can measure our performance.
- Ensuring regulation-compliant conduct
- Increasing the absolute number of women in management positions (from 5 in 2019 to 10 by the end of 2023)
- Systemization of stakeholder management
Sustainable action can only succeed if we stand by our responsibility and face the sometimes enormous challenges. We do so by relying on sustainable innovation and strengthening the recycling economy. We have set concrete goals for ourselves against which we can measure our performance.
- Optimisation of overall equipment efficiency (OEE) of our own systems to a target value of 94 percent
- Reclamation of phosphorus from sewage sludge ash
- Industrial utilization of carbon dioxide (CCU and CCS)
Sustainable action demands extraordinary performance. Our actions focus on the key issues “Dealing with climate change” and “Strengthening the recycling economy”. Here as well, we have set concrete goals for ourselves against which we can measure our performance.
- Increasing our energy efficiency by making full use of renewable energy at our plant locations
- Reduction of accidents by 30 percent (base year 2018: 12)
- Creating sustainable structures for reducing hazards at our plant locations
- Increasing the proportion of renewable energy in our energy consumption