The EEW Energy from Waste Göppingen site is nestled in the beautiful countryside of the Swabian Alb. The area is a true paradise for hikers and nature lovers.
Cognizant of its special responsibility, the site has represented an important building block in the city of Göppingen and surrounding's environmentally friendly waste disposal since 1975. A new boiler and a highly modern flue-gas cleaning facility were installed in the plant in 1998.
Around 157,700 tons of residual waste from the Göppingen district and from Baden-Württemberg are utilized thermally here every year. The electrical energy from this is feed into the national grid.
The plant also generates district heat with which the Clinic am Eichert, the Bergfeld residential area with around 400 residences, and the neighbouring police headquaters are supplied.
|Investment volume||75 million Euro|
|Number of lines||1|
|Waste-bunker storage volume||6,400 cubic meters ≈ 3,200 t|
|Range calorific value||7-14 MJ/kg|
|Power generation||88,000 MWh/a ≈ 25,000 households|
|District heating generation||51,000 MWh/a|
The operator EEW Energy from Waste Göppingen GmbH publishes the emission data to continuously inform the citizens on the quality of the exhaust gas purification of its waste incineration line.
You can find the values of the past years below (only in German):
- Emissions MHKW Göppingen 2016 (PDF, 74.9 KB)
- Emissions MHKW Göppingen 2015 (PDF, 51.7 KB)
- Emissions MHKW Göppingen 2014 (PDF, 429.6 KB)
- Emissions MHKW Göppingen 2013 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Emissions MHKW Göppingen 2012 (PDF, 37.4 KB)
- Emissions MHKW Göppingen 2011 (PDF, 37.7 KB)
- Emissions MHKW Göppingen 2010 (PDF, 42.1 KB)
- Emissions MHKW Göppingen 2009 (PDF, 57.6 KB)