EEW Energy from Waste Saarbrücken operates the Neunkirchen waste thermal power plant (AHKW Neunkirchen) at the Grube König industrial site on behalf of the Saar disposal organization (EVS). The EVS organizes regional waste removal and delivers wastes to energy from waste plants in Neunkirchen and Velsen.
The original plant was completely renovated between 1996 and 2001, beginning with flue gas cleaning and then the two boiler plants. The effluent-free exhaust cleaning equipment ensures that legal limit values are undershot by wide margins in all areas.
|Investment volume||175 million Euro|
|Number of lines||2|
|Waste-bunker storage volume||4,000 cubic meters ≈ 2,500 t|
|Range calorific value||7,5-12,5 MJ/kg|
|Power generation||78,000 MWh/a ≈ 23,000 households|
|District heating generation||21,000 MWh/a|
The operator of the AHKW Neunkirchen, EEW Energy from Waste Saarbrücken GmbH, publishes the emission data to continuously inform the citizens on the quality of the exhaust gas purification of its waste incineration line.
You can find the values of the past years below (only in German):
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2017 (PDF, 87.5 KB)
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2016 (PDF, 44.6 KB)
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2015 (PDF, 44.4 KB)
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2014 (PDF, 44.3 KB)
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2013 (PDF, 43.7 KB)
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2012 (PDF, 40.1 KB)
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2011 (PDF, 40.4 KB)
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2010 (PDF, 36.6 KB)
- Emissions AHKW Neunkirchen 2009 (PDF, 43.3 KB)
Monday to Friday: 07:00-18:15